At Bennett, we understand that without drivers, we wouldn’t exist. They’re the heartbeat of our business and the reason behind everything we do. Your success is our success. We understand how important it is to be proactive and prepared when owning your own business, particularly for owner operators. That’s why we’ve put together a list of helpful tips to start the year off on the right foot, and set you up for success in the coming months.
Make the Most of Your Resources at Bennett
- Work closely with your fleet manager. Our fleet managers know their drivers inside and out. They know what loads you prefer and when they need to push you just a little bit harder. Be vocal with your fleet manager. Let them know when you’re struggling or if you’re drowning in work. At the end of the day, their goal is to help you reach your business goals. When that happens, we all win.
- Take advantage of our Driver Care Team. We have a whole team committed to ensuring our drivers are successful long after orientation ends. They conduct weekly revenue reviews to ensure you’re making your desired revenue to achieve your personal business objectives. They will also conduct daily settlement calls in the event of an un-billed load to make sure paperwork is submitted by all parties to provide our drivers with the fastest possible settlements.
- Make the load board work for you. With our load board, you can set your own pace and your own time, but ensure you’re making the most of the freight available to you. Pick the loads that will most benefit you, personally and financially.
- Map out your schedule for the year. Reflect on the freight trends of the past year. There will undoubtedly be times when freight was higher, and slower times as well. Map out your vacation times accordingly to ensure you’re making the most of peak business and seasonal opportunities throughout the year.
- Take preventative measures. Paying taxes for your business and handling maintenance issues for your truck can be some of the most financially crippling occurrences throughout the year. Be proactive. By putting money away for taxes each month and taking care of preventative maintenance issues throughout the year, you won’t be stuck in a bind in the event of an unexpected tax or maintenance situation.
- Calculate your business profitability. Take advantage of Bennett’s Road2Success series. Our goal for this program is to provide company drivers and independent contractors with the tools and insights to help you improve your business. You can also utilize our profit plan calculator to plug in your business figures and see what you’ll need to accomplish to achieve the level of profitability you strive for.
Road2Success Teleforum Replay
If you want to learn more about what it’s like to drive for Bennett, or if you’d just like more information, visit www.drive4bme.com, or contact one of our recruiters at 800-367-2249.