The health and safety of our customers, employees, contractors, drivers, agents and owner operators is our commitment at Bennett since Safety is Priority One. Due to recent concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic, we would like you to be aware that Bennett is fully prepared. Our hearts and prayers go out to all who have been affected by the COVID-19 coronavirus and we acknowledge the hardships on families presented by the temporary closures of public gathering places.
As the situation continues to develop, Bennett has been monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak closely and taking the necessary precautions to actively review and update the company’s emergency and business continuity plans in response to the impact from the situation. Bennett currently is following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the state and local health authorities within the markets we serve.
Our trucks will remain on the road as we continue to keep America’s freight rolling. Bennett owner-operators, contractors and dispatchers have been notified that customers are responding to the situation with additional hygiene measures, health screenings and modified freight pick-up and delivery protocols. In addition, independent owner operators showing any symptoms have been advised to not accept any loads.
The Bennett Family of Companies provides technology solutions supporting over 300 independent freight agents and company terminals throughout the United States. Due to this, operations can function remotely making us less vulnerable to business disruption in any geography. Additional information about Bennett’s response to COVID-19:
• Bennett developed a solid business continuity plan years ago to deal with situations like this and the plan has been adjusted to specifically address COVID-19
• We do not foresee any disruptions in our operations or ability to service you and your customers
• Every department has a redundant back-up and a remote work plan
• The very nature of our agent-based business model spreads much of our operation across hundreds of small operating centers around the country
• Several large company terminals can absorb large amounts of work if necessary
Precautionary Health Measures Implemented at Every Site
• We will take the temperature of anyone entering a Bennett location. No person with an elevated temperature will be allowed on site
• Every employee, driver and agent are encouraged to practice good hygiene, especially during this time
• Increased disinfecting measures have been implemented at all Bennett locations
• Effective immediately, all business travel has been minimized to essential needs
• Leadership will constantly monitor this situation and adjust as needed
We pray that each one of you feel a sense of calmness and that none of you or your families are impacted by this. Please know that all Bennett employees are working vigorously to ensure we remain fully operational and our customers feel zero impact by this serious event.
Thank you again, and God bless.
Marcia G. Taylor, President & CEO
The Bennett Family of Companies